Monday, April 21, 2014

Diaper Cake

One of my good friends is pregnant and I finally had the opportunity to make a diaper cake! I looked around online for directions, and there are so many different ways to make them.  There really is no cookie cutter method for making diaper cakes, especially with the decor.  I found out her baby shower was during the time my husband and I were going to be in Portland so I had to rush and get this diaper cake done with very little time and direction.

We bought a box of diapers at Costco (size 1-2) and used one entire half of the packaged diapers with about 4 left over. I didn't have rubber bands so I hand tied each rolled diaper with twine.  For the middle, I unrolled a half used paper towel roll and used the center as...the center for the cake! Some people used baby shampoo. I would have done that if I wanted to run to the store for the 4th time for the cake, but I was strapped for time.

Her baby shower theme was pink and gray. I'd say I did a pretty good job with the time and resources I had!


2014-03-23 15.22.46  2014-03-23 15.23.15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...